PRP Rejuvenecimiento Facial
For most people, aging skin is an unwelcome development because of the fact that the appearance of youth is extremely prized in most cultures. Unpleasant facial changes can really take a toll on your self-esteem, relationships, and even on the job.
Whether we like it or not, our external appearance has an effect on how we are perceived by others, even down to subjective appraisals of our intelligence and trustworthiness, based upon recent research.
Fortunately, most of us can benefit from cosmetic procedures to help turn back the clock on aging skin. Some notable developments include procedures that have come online for cheek augmentation, recontouring the nose or chin, and lifting the brows. However, surgical procedures tend to cost more and carry a higher risk of complications like infection or scars. This has led to the popularity of minimally invasive anti-aging treatments like Botox, microneedling, and laser skin resurfacing.
What is PRP skin rejuvenation?
PRP therapy has been available for decades to help speed soft tissue and wound healing. More recently, a great amount of research and clinical evidence has emerged that demonstrates the amazing regenerative properties of PRP for problems like wrinkles, scars, facial volume loss, hair loss and skin rejuvenation.
The PRP product is created in a laboratory after a certain amount of blood is withdrawn from the patient to be treated. The blood is spun in a centrifuge to separate out blood platelets that are rich in growth factors that dramatically stimulate skin growth and healing, as well as the formation of collagen and elastin.
PRP on the Rise
Initially, PRP was somewhat expensive and largely unavailable to the general public. One key to its increasing popularity is its use among professional athletes. These individuals, and other celebrities, found that PRP dramatically sped up the healing process. This was particularly important for older athletes who healed more slowly. Gradually, the word got out about the dramatic results provided by PRP therapy, and its use began to include those seeking to take advantage of its skin rejuvenation properties.
PRP Skin Rejuvenation: The Evidence
A growing body of research is confirming how PRP can dramatically improve the appearance of the skin. A 2014 Korean study looked into the effect of PRP on skin tone and certain kinds of wrinkles. The result of the study found that there was a significant degree of wrinkle reduction and improvement in skin tone among those who underwent PRP treatment.
Benefits of PRP Skin Rejuvenation
- Offers complete rejuvenation: PRP helps to dramatically boost the production of collagen and elastin, two important ingredients found in healthy, youthful skin. More collagen and elastin leads to thicker and tighter skin, helping smooth away fine lines and wrinkles. Since it increases the presence of collagen in the skin, it is also effective at enhancing general skin tone and texture. Is also quite good for anyone suffering from Rosaceae or acne.
- Treats delicate areas: PRP does not rely upon the use of any exotic substances to work its magic. Instead, it encourages your own body to do most of the work.
- Results that are natural and plausible: Instead of leading to results that appear unnatural, PRP leads to a very soft and gentle result that increases skin levels of both collagen and elastin.
- This treatment is safe: We are only using substances taken from your own body. The treatment is not new, having been used in sports medicine and hospitals for over 40 years.
- Long-lasting results: PRP skin rejuvenation results normally become evident in about one month. The treatment offers long-lasting results of up to 18 months after your initial treatment sessions.
Since PRP is a blood product, you will want to avoid taking any medications that could thin your blood, including herbal supplements and aspirin. If you are taking any type of blood thinner, you’ll want to inform your prescribing doctor to determine if you can safely stop taking it prior to your PRP skin rejuvenation treatment.
In the first day or two after your PRP treatment, it is normal to experience a certain amount of swelling, redness and tenderness at the site of treatment. You can expect this to resolve itself quickly over the next few days.
It is also normal to experience a degree of bruising at the site of the PRP injections, which should completely clear within a week or so.
Programe su consulta
Is your skin looking less than is best due to the presence of lines and wrinkles, scars or hyperpigmentation? Skin conditions like these respond very well to PRP skin rejuvenation. We invite you to contact the office of Dr. Antún today and take your skin to the next level with PRP skin rejuvenation.